What makes this MSc unique?
Helping students build a successful and sustainable international career
- By creating a multicultural learning and working environment: international professors and professionals teaching in the programme with connections in international professional networks
- By preparing internationally recognised professional certificates: CBA & ADMA from CIMA (management accounting) CISA (IS audit) DPAI from IFACI (internal audit)
Keeping students proactive in using the newest methods in audit & management accounting
- Based on relationships with professional associations and members of professional bodies involved in teaching activities, advisory committees, juries and thesis contests
- Based on new teaching contents and methods with a focus on business analysis, providing a proactive role to future auditors and management accountants in various organisations.
Raluca Sandu, director of the MSc in Paris, explains the value proposition
"Ours is one of the few programmes in audit and management accounting to include a specific module in IT. Students work with business objects to get familiar with ERPs, and to understand the importance of data security, etc.
For management accounting, we give a business analysis vision (in line with the CIMA approach). In addition to more traditional tools (budgets, forecasts, ABC), students are made familiar with new trends in management control (TDABC, various strategic scorecards, beyond budgeting techniques).
Representatives from all the associations mentioned above are permanent members of our programme advisory committee, which is consulted to keep the curriculum in line with industry’s needs.
Our students are permanent guests at the conferences organised by CIMA France. They are also invited each year to submit their dissertations for the best thesis contest organised by APDC (on audit and accounting), and the thesis contest organised by IFACI (on internal audit). These competitions are open only to students from the universities and business schools that have partnerships with these associations."
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- IFACI (Institut Français de l’Audit et du Contrôle Interne)
Links with professional bodies and research
SKEMA Business School has developed many links with professional bodies at national and international level, in particular for the development of international standards and research. SKEMA Business School is involved with: IFACI, DFCG, APDC, and CIMA.